The 4th Saxon State Exhibition 2020
500 years of industrial culture in Saxony
Saxony celebrates the Year of Industrial Heritage in 2020. For more than five centuries; groundbreaking ideas, inventions and products from this region have made their way across the world. The highlight of the Year of Industrial Heritage, therefore, is the 4th Saxon State Exhibition (held from 25 April to 1 November 2020), which will focus on Southwest Saxony as one of the important cradles of European industrialisation.
"Boom. 500 Years of Industrial Culture in Saxony" is the title of the central exhibition presented in the Audi Building in Zwickau. On an exhibition area of about 3,000 sq m (32,300 sq ft), the exhibition will offer a fascinating multimedia panorama of the Saxon heritage of technology, science and culture. At the same time, further exhibitions for industry-specific topics will take place at six authentical industrial heritage sites in the region. The following presentations will focus on past, present, and future industries: AutomobileBoom at the August Horch Museum in Zwickau, CoalBoom at the Mining Museum in Oelsnitz/Ore Mountains, RailwayBoom at the Saxon Railway Museum in Chemnitz-Hilbersdorf, SilverBoom at the Silver Mine in Freiberg, MachineBoom at the Saxon Museum of Industry in Chemnitz and TextileBoom at the Pfau Bros. Textile Factory in Crimmitschau.
1. AutomobileBoom at the August Horch Museum in Zwickau – Central Exhibition
2. CoalBoom at the Mining Museum in Oelsnitz/Ore Mountains
3. RailwayBoom at the Saxon Railway Museum in Chemnitz-Hilbersdorf
4. SilverBoom at the Silver Mine in Freiberg
5. MachineBoom at the Saxon Museum of Industry in Chemnitz and
6. TextileBoom at the Pfau Bros. Textile Factory in Crimmitschau
Projektbüro Sächsische Landesausstellung
c/o Deutsches Hygiene-Museum Dresden
Tel.: 0351 4846288