Located in a part of the former Wittenberger Straße depot, the tramway museum houses a comprehensive collection of exhibits illustrating the history of Leipzig's public transport. These include 39 tramway cars for passenger transport built from 1896 to 2004, which have been restored to their original state and are in working order, for the most part. In addition, the museum's collection includes numerous special and technical vehicles, equipment and a selection of non-rail vehicles (e.g. buses). Line No. 21E, a special tramway line, runs every hour to take visitors from downtown Leipzig to our museum, located on Apelstraße street. On the opening days, you can even enjoy a special trip on a historic vehicle departing from the museum premises.
The museum is located north of the city center to the west of the tracks leading north from the main train station.Arrival by train and public transport
The museum can be easily reached from the city center by taking Tram Line 9 in the direction of Thekla to the stop "Apelstraße, Historischer Straßenbahnhof".Arrival by car
From the Highway A4 (exit Leipzig Mitte) take the Federal Road B2 in the direction of the city center, turn right from the B2 onto Berliner Straße and follow the streetcar tracks to the streetcar station Apelstraße and turn right.